Warren Buffett Net Worth 2022
What is Warren Buffett’s net worth?
Warren Buffett is one of the richest people in the world and arguably the best investor of all time. As of this writing, Warren Buffett’s net worth is $125 billion.
Warren Buffett is considered by many to be the most famous and successful investor in history. If you had invested $10,000 with Warren Buffett in 1966, today you would have over $160 million! That same $10,000 invested in the S&P would be $140,000.
Warren Buffett has pledged to give away 99% of his net worth to charity before he dies. A large portion of that money will go to Bill Gates’ foundation. Buffett’s philanthropy has inspired other billionaires to pledge at least 50% of their net worth to charity in their lifetimes as well, a truly remarkable accomplishment.
- Bought his first stock at 11
- Was worth was the equivalent of $60,000 by the time he was 16
- Still lives in a humble Omaha house he bought in 1956 for $31,500
- Net worth first topped $1 million when he was 30
- Earned 99% of his net worth after his 50th birthday
- Net worth first topped $1 billion when he was 56
- Has only ever sent one email
- $1,000 invested with Buffett in 1964 would be worth $16 million today
- Plans to donate the majority of their wealth away to charity by the time he dies
- Drinks five cans of Coca-Cola every day
Warren Buffett wanted to work on Wall Street; however, both his father and Ben Graham urged him not to. He offered to work for Graham for free, but Graham refused.
Warren Buffett said in one of his letters to shareholders that “when trillions of dollars are managed by Wall Streeters charging high fees, it will usually be the managers who reap outsized profits, not the clients.”
Mr. Warren Buffett often plays the instrument at stock holder meetings and other opportunities. Warren Buffett’s love of the instrument led to the commissioning of two custom Dairy Queen ukuleles by Dave Talsma, one of which was auctioned for charity.
In the end, we wish Mr. Buffett a successful year ahead with lots of achievements and good health, and lots of love. May he keep achieving his goals and keep growing his net worth always!
House: Warren Buffett Resides in Omaha, Nebraska. Warren Buffett has a total of eight houses. The estimated value of all eight houses is approximately 340 Million USD.
Cars: The Car collection of Warren Buffett is Quite Large. Warren Buffett owns a few of the best luxury cars in the world. The Car brands owned by Warren Buffett include Porsche, Jaguar, and Rolls Royce.
Warren Buffett was born on August 30, 1930, in Omaha, Nebraska. He is the second of three children and the only son of Leila and Congressman Howard Buffett. Buffett began his education at Rose Hill Elementary School. Buffett developed his interest in business and investing at a young age. When he was 7, he was inspired by a book he borrowed from the library called “One Thousand Ways to Make $1000.” Buffett started making his mark and his fortune when he was a pre-teen. When he was 10 years old, he had lunch with someone from the New York Stock Exchange and began setting his goals for his entire life. After that lunch, young Buffett knew that he wanted his life to revolve around money. A year later, when he was 11 years old, he bought his first stock. He had a paper route and used the money from that to buy some Oklahoma farmland. By the time he was a sophomore in high school, he was running a successful pinball machine business and had a net worth of roughly $6,000 – that’s equivalent to $60,000 today.
In 1942, his father was elected to the first of four terms in the United States Congress, and after moving with his family to Washington, D.C., Warren attended Alice Deal Junior High School and graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in 1947, where his senior yearbook picture reads: “likes math; a future stockbroker.”
• Warren Buffett married Susan Thompson in 1952.
• She ultimately left Warren to pursue a singing career, but they remained amicably married until her death in 2004.
• Susan also introduced her husband to Astrid Menks, who became his companion. Buffett and Menks married in 2006.
Buffett still lives in the modest five-bedroom house he bought in Omaha, Nebraska in 1956 for $31,500. Today, a house can be had in the same neighborhood for around $2 million.
Awards & Achievements
- Warren Buffett was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama in 2011.
- He is the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and ranks among the world’s wealthiest people. Considered to be the most successful investor of the 20th century, he is also the biggest philanthropist of our times and had pledged to donate most of his fortunes to social causes.
Personal Life & Legacy
- Warren Buffett married Susan Thompson in 1952. The couple had three children. Susan left him in 1977, to pursue her own career and started living separately. They never divorced and remained legally married till Susan’s death in 2004.
- He married his longtime partner, Astrid Menks in 2006; the couple had known each other from the time his first wife left him.
- He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in April 2012 and has successfully completed his treatment.
- He believes in giving back to society and has pledged to give away a major portion of his wealth to charity, with 83% of it going to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.